Summer TEFL jobs in Bedford
Embassy is a British Council accredited organisation which runs summer courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have summer TEFL jobs in Bedford for residential and non-residential qualified EFL teachers at our centre based at the Bedford campus of the University of Bedfordshire. Dates: 01/07 – 12/08. Age range of students: 11-17
All EFL teachers are contracted to work 6 days per week (based on 42hours). Hours to include 1-2 sessions (=3-6hrs lesson preparation time) depending on half day or full day teaching programme.
EFL teacher starting salary = £330 per week (inclusive of holiday pay) EFL teacher increments POST TEFLI qualification: £10 per year of full EFL teaching (max 3 yrs)
Should you need residential accommodation we will deduct £30 per week.
For more information click here to visit our website.
We are currently recruiting for Academic Management and Non-Residential and Residential Teaching Positions for our centres in Bedford, Canterbury, Chatham/Rochester, Chelmsford, Chester, Liverpool, Loughborough, London (various locations), Portsmouth, St. Andrews and Dublin.
Why work for PLUS?
• We are an experienced, accredited (BC and ABLS) organisation that aims to give a positive experience to both students and staff.
• We offer a number of competitive payment packages, paying teachers between £13 and £18 per hour, depending on experience.
• We provide a supportive, organised environment with a variety of resources, guidelines and materials to support you.
• Our Staff Development was awarded a *Point of Excellence* in our 2012 inspection – acknowledging our commitment to helping you develop your experience and skills while working with us. We doubled our returning staff numbers from 2012-2014.
• We do not require any of our academic staff (Course Director, Assistant Course Director or teachers) to take on any housekeeping duties, meal time responsibilities or bedtime supervision.
• We recruit our teaching staff to teach, to ensure a successful and professional English course for our students.
Applicants should please note:
• references will be followed up
• all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
• reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
• appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Please visit our website www.plus-ed.com for further information on our centres and for full job descriptions, person specifications, terms and conditions.
If you would be interested in working with us then please send us a current CV and copies of any relevant qualifications to email@example.com.
Please also feel free to contact us with any further queries. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates.