Summer TEFL jobs in Canterbury
Concorde International is a British Council accredited organisation which runs summer courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for non-residential qualified EFL teachers and residential qualified EFL teachers at our Canterbury centre, which is based at St. Edmund’s School and Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury. These vacancies commence in early July, and contracts normally run for four or five weeks. Competitive salaries with 12.1% holiday pay paid on top. Residential teachers will perform extra activities and residential duties in return for half or full board accommodation. Teachers normally teach 20 hrs per week plus 15 hours of activities for non-residential and 19 hours of activities and residential duties for non-residential.
Click here for job descriptions and salary details for these posts or e-mail Danny Bowles, Director of Vacation Courses; firstname.lastname@example.org
Embassy is a British Council accredited organisation which runs summer courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for non-residential qualified EFL teachers at our Canterbury centre, which is based at Darwin College, University of Kent. Dates: 24/06 - 12/08. Age range of students: 12-17
All EFL teachers are contracted to work 6 days per week (based on 42hours). Hours to include 1-2 sessions (=3-6hrs lesson preparation time) depending on half day or full day teaching programme.
For more information click here to visit our website.
Stafford House Study Holidays is accredited by The British Council and has been running summer courses for juniors around the UK since 1994. We are part of Cambridge Education Group, which includes sixth-form colleges and Foundation programmes in partnership with leading UK universities. Teachers are fully supported by a syllabus, in-house student workbooks, weekly teacher development workshops and a Director of Studies and Senior Teachers at each centre. The working week consists of 42 hours spread over 6 days and includes 2 hours admin time.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our recruitment website www.staffordhouse.co.uk or email email@example.com
St Giles Summer
St Giles is a British Council accredited organisation which runs summer courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have vacancies for non-residential qualified EFL teachers and residential qualified EFL teachers at our Canterbury centre, based at the King’s School, Canterbury (8th July to 12th August, ages 13 to 17), The Junior King’s School, Canterbury (8th July to 12th August, ages 7 to 12) . The start date for these vacancies is 10/07/11, and contracts normally run for four or five weeks. The salary is £300 per week for residential teachers (including full board) and £394.80 for non-residential teachers. 12.1% holiday pay is paid on top. Teachers normally teach 16.7 hrs per week plus 28 hours non-teaching duties for residential and 18 hours non-teaching duties for non-residential. We are also looking for people to fill the following residential vacancies: Centre Managers, Academic Managers, Activity Organisers and Activity Monitors.
We are currently recruiting for Academic Management and Non-Residential and Residential Teaching Positions for our centres in Bedford, Canterbury, Chatham/Rochester, Chelmsford, Chester, Liverpool, Loughborough, London (various locations), Portsmouth, St. Andrews and Dublin.
Why work for PLUS?
• We are an experienced, accredited (BC and ABLS) organisation that aims to give a positive experience to both students and staff.
• We offer a number of competitive payment packages, paying teachers between £13 and £18 per hour, depending on experience.
• We provide a supportive, organised environment with a variety of resources, guidelines and materials to support you.
• Our Staff Development was awarded a *Point of Excellence* in our 2012 inspection – acknowledging our commitment to helping you develop your experience and skills while working with us. We doubled our returning staff numbers from 2012-2014.
• We do not require any of our academic staff (Course Director, Assistant Course Director or teachers) to take on any housekeeping duties, meal time responsibilities or bedtime supervision.
• We recruit our teaching staff to teach, to ensure a successful and professional English course for our students.
Applicants should please note:
• references will be followed up
• all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
• reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
• appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Please visit our website www.plus-ed.com for further information on our centres and for full job descriptions, person specifications, terms and conditions.
If you would be interested in working with us then please send us a current CV and copies of any relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also feel free to contact us with any further queries. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates.