Summer TEFL jobs in Portsmouth
Embassy is a British Council accredited organisation which runs summer courses in various locations around the UK. We currently have summer TEFL jobs in Portsmouth for non-residential qualified EFL teachers at our centre based at the Langstone campus of Portsmouth University. Dates: 17/06 - 26/08. Age range of students: 10-17
All EFL teachers are contracted to work 6 days per week (based on 42hours). Hours to include 1-2 sessions (=3-6hrs lesson preparation time) depending on half day or full day teaching programme.
EFL teacher starting salary = £330 per week (inclusive of holiday pay) EFL teacher increments POST TEFLI qualification: £10 per year of full EFL teaching (max 3 yrs)
Should you need Residential accommodation we will deduct £30 per week.
For more information click here to visit our website.
International Study Programmes
Vacancies for experienced EFL Teachers to teach Italian & Spanish teenagers and supervise programme, local visits and excursions in Portsmouth.
International Study Programmes has 30 years experience in organising English Language courses for teenagers and short courses for European teachers of English, in locations throughout the UK.
We have the following vacancies:
Residential Holiday Language Course
Portsmouth 1-15 July (1 vacancy)
N.B. ISP can provide tutors with university accommodation on residential courses.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM ENTHUSIASTIC AND CAPABLE TEACHERS WHO ARE:
1.Fully qualified and experienced teachers of EFL
2.Graduates with at least ONE year’s ELT experience and preferably a TEFL qualification (eg. CELTA)
3.Teachers qualified in other subjects but with ELT experience, including Modern Languages PGCE students.
All teachers must be native speakers of English.
RATES OF PAY
£437 per week + 12% holiday pay (total £490 per week)
£375 per week + 12% holiday pay (total £420 per week) if full board accommodation is provided
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone ISP on 01451 860379
Twin Group is a leading provider of English courses, study programmes, work experience and group tours - trusted by students, parents and agents around the world. We also run popular Summer Schools, exciting group travel programmes and award-winning professional work experience and internship placements.
Twin Summer Centres are currently recruiting enthusiastic EFL teachers, Centre Managers, Directors of Studies in the following locations in July/August: Guildford, Portsmouth, Crowthorne, Ipswich, London.
Please read the information about working for Twin at:
You are encouraged to complete the Application Form on the Twin website or send us an e-mail: email@example.com
Essential - First Degree + CELTA or Trinity TESOL Certificate or PGCE in English/modern languages with ELT/TESOL subsidiary or equivalent.
Desired - DELTA, CELTAYL, Trinity LTCL Diploma TESOL or equivalent.
Please note: we cannot accept qualifications like Weekend TEFL, Online TEFL or Introduction to TEFL
Directors of Studies: First Degree + Trinity LTCL Diploma TESOL or Cambridge DELTA plus experience of teaching young learners.
Summer school experience is an advantage.
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- You should be available in the month of July
EU national preferred
EFL Teachers: Competitive salaries. Increments for experience & qualifications. Returning staff loyalty bonus payments.
Very competitive salary rates for the right candidate for management positions.
Holiday pay is calculated and paid with salary (currently at a rate of 12.07%).
We are currently recruiting for Academic Management and Non-Residential and Residential Teaching Positions for our centres in Bedford, Canterbury, Chatham/Rochester, Chelmsford, Chester, Liverpool, Loughborough, London (various locations), Portsmouth, St. Andrews and Dublin.
Why work for PLUS?
• We are an experienced, accredited (BC and ABLS) organisation that aims to give a positive experience to both students and staff.
• We offer a number of competitive payment packages, paying teachers between £13 and £18 per hour, depending on experience.
• We provide a supportive, organised environment with a variety of resources, guidelines and materials to support you.
• Our Staff Development was awarded a *Point of Excellence* in our 2012 inspection – acknowledging our commitment to helping you develop your experience and skills while working with us. We doubled our returning staff numbers from 2012-2014.
• We do not require any of our academic staff (Course Director, Assistant Course Director or teachers) to take on any housekeeping duties, meal time responsibilities or bedtime supervision.
• We recruit our teaching staff to teach, to ensure a successful and professional English course for our students.
Applicants should please note:
• references will be followed up
• all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
• proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
• reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
• appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
Please visit our website www.plus-ed.com for further information on our centres and for full job descriptions, person specifications, terms and conditions.
If you would be interested in working with us then please send us a current CV and copies of any relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also feel free to contact us with any further queries. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to a large number of applicants we are only able to contact successful candidates.